Kent Baker most recently was the musical director for Really Rosie for the Weston Playhouse Theatre Company (Schoolhouse Rock Live!, Junie B. Jones: The Musical), which he accompanies during the off-season. Memorable regional credits include: Annie, Miracle on 34th Street, and Pippin. Numerous keyboard credits and high school productions. Opened for Maynard Ferguson, Billy Taylor, Joan Rivers, Bob Newhart. Rehearsal accompanist/chorus, Opening and Closing Ceremonies, Liberty Weekend, New York (Crane School of Music, New York Philharmonic). Helped kill vaudeville as a long-time Music Director for Gaslight Village (amusement park), Lake George, NY. Educator, free-lance classical/jazz/Broadway pianist/conductor, organist, adjudicator.
Baker holds a bachelors degree in music education from the Crane School of Music, SUNY, Potsdam, NY. At Crane, Kent received a Breaky Scholarship for piano and was awarded a Crane Certificate of Merit for service to the college. As music facilitator for the Rutland Southwest Supervisory Union, he was named as a Distinguished Leader in Vermont Arts Education by the Vermont Alliance for Arts Education. He also holds a masters degree in computer and information sciences from the University of Phoenix.
Baker maintains an active private studio in Poultney and Castleton.
- M.S., University of Phoenix
- B.M., Crane School of Music
- Pianist: Queens Room Orchestra, Queen Elizabeth (Cunard Line), Summer, 2018
- Music Director: Young Company, 3 seasons, Weston Playhouse Theatre Company, Weston, VT
- Distinguished Leader in Vermont Arts Education, Vermont Alliance for Arts Education, 2003
- Adjudicator: New England Music Festival Association (tenor voices, piano, and harp, 18 audition festivals), Vermont Music Educators Association (scholarship, 6 festivals), et al.
- Past Music Director: EnerJazz Big Band, Marble City Swing Band, Poultney-Granville Town Band, various regional theatres
- Past Pianist/Music Director, Gaslight Village (amusement park), 7 seasons, Lake George, NY
- Accompanist, Liberty Weekend (Statue of Liberty Centennial), Crane Chorus, Governor’s Island & Alice Tully Hall, New York, NY
Please click on the curriculum vitae link for more information.
If you’d like to arrange for lessons or coaching, please e-mail me or telephone (802) 287-1066.